MATH 143: Calculus III (Section 1)
Welcome to the course webpage for Math 143! This course is the
third of a four-quarter sequence (Math 141-142-143-241), covering
standard material on parametric equations, calculus in polar coordinates,
sequences and series, vector calculus and curves on the plane and space.
In this web page and links, you will find important information
about Math 143 including (but not limited to) syllabus, tentative schedule,
and important dates, among others. Please visit the Canvas page
for this course for more information and announcements.
Course Instructor: Dr. Stathis Charalampidis
SC's Office Hours: MW: 10:30-11:30am, or by appointment, or by appointment
- Section 9 (MTRF) 2:10-4:00pm (38-148)
Textbook: Calculus (Eighth Edition), Author: James Stewart, Publisher: Cengage Learning, 2016 (ISBN: 978-1-285-74062-1).
Topics to be covered:
- Parametric equations and polar coordinates.
- Infinite sequences and series.
- Vectors and the geometry of space.
- Vector-valued functions and motion in space.
Syllabus and Tentative Schedule:
- Please click here for the complete course syllabus.
- The day-by-day schedule (including important dates) can be found here.
Homework Assignments and Quizzes:
- There will be online homework assignments and quizzes using WebAssign. Please, use the class key that was provided to you to have access to the homework.
- As a general advice, even working on online problems, please, solve them
by paper and pencil too, make copies of your solutions and keep them, say, in a binder, so
that you may easily reference that when you are studying for an exam.
- A complete set of review notes can be downloaded by clicking here.
For your convenience, links for the academic calendar are included in this section: